The Czech Republic can offer quality dry wines. There is a great tradition in viticulture not only in Moravia, but also in Mělník region or near Karlstein. We can recommend some of the best wine restaurants and wine tasting.
This restaurant is considered by many critics to be Prague’s premier restaurant, is set in a chateau-like building in the Old Town, overlooking the Vltava River. The interior of Bellevue mixes modern with traditional design.
U Ceskych Panu Restaurant
This traditional restaurant located in the New town near the Wenceslas Square has a wide choice of Czech & European cuisine in the Gothic cellars of this restored medieval style wine restaurant.
This restaurant placed in the Art Nouveau building called the Municipal House is situated in the centre of Prague. Municipal House was built between 1905 and 1912 and was decorated by the elite of artists in Art Nouveau style. The French restaurant is situated in the right wing of the Municipal House. It is unique because of its architecture and capacity of up to 300 guests. The restaurant tries to keep the original spirit not only by its appearance but also by top-level service for its guests. The philosophy is to be a world class gourmet restaurant with top-level services and pleasant atmosphere. Beautiful Art Nouveau architecture, French-style table arrangement, silver cutlery, educated staff and live music with piano or jazz. The cuisine style is a modern international one, including some specialities from France and also some typical Czech dishes such as Bohemian king’s duck.
This beautiful pavilon with its summer terrace takes the liberty to invite you to visit an unique luxurious interior of a beautiful pseudo-Baroque structure and also to give you the possibility to enjoy a fascinating look at famous Prague bridges and towers, in their entire stunning historical beauty.
Whilst the soft, silent tones of the pianist provide a pleasant musical background, you can choose from a rich selection of the international as well as of the traditional Old Bohemian cuisines. You can spend there a whole evening tasting different types of wine while gazing at the glamorous city centre.
This restaurant is located above the confluence of the River Elbe and Vltava. The restaurant is situated on the ground floor of the chateau, with windows overlooking the river. Entrance to to the wine Gothic cellars has a separate entrance from the courtyard.
Extensive printed information sheets about the history of wine production in Mělník and about the Lobkowicz family’s involvement in it can be found in one of the caverns. Inside these caverns, the visitors have an opportunity to taste different samples of delicious Czech wines.
- Znojmo or Mikulov – Visiting of the city with wine casting
- Nový Šaldorf – Wine tasting in the sandstone Blue wine cellar 400 years old
- Šatov painted cellar – Wine tasting
- Šatov Moravian cellar – Wine tasting including a commentary provided by an expert or with dulcimer music
- Mutěnice wine cellar – Tasting and refreshment
- Čejkovice – Visit to the cellar of the ancient fortress or to the Templar Knights Wine
- Velké Bílovice – Visit to the unique ancient Habanské cellar including a lecture
- Valtice – Chateau visit and wine cellar degustation
- Valvice – Wine tour Vinne sklepy Valtice including lectures and degustation
- Lednice – Chateau and wine cellar with tasting session